Read the full versions of entertaining interviews with staff members from The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, to learn about how they got to be where they are, what a typical day is like, and what their role is at MOCA.
- Chief Curator (one of the top museum officials who decides which exhibitions the museum will show)
- Senior Manager of Visitor Experience (who makes sure people have positive experiences at MOCA)
- Registrar (responsible for ensuring the safety and care of artwork)
- Security officer (who makes sure both visitors and artworks are safe while at MOCA)
- Educator (one of the people who leads tours to visitors like you)
Also, visit the Smithsonian Institution’s Career Center for brief explanations of the duties and skills needed for a variety of museum jobs.